“You are what you eat” and since you do not want to be a garbage dispenser, but a hottie with a body, you should abolish all the Junk food from your diet and start to eat salads. (If you already do: Way to go!) There is no easier way to lose weight and leading a more healthy lifestyle then by eating a lot of and even more salad* (and of course working out). The preparation of this flavorful dish takes about 15 minutes.
For the dressing you will need…
- 4-5 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1-3 tbsp. of aceto balsamico/ Italian vinegar
- a dash of salt
- a dash of black pepper –
- a dash of mixed salad herbs (that contain among others oregano, parsley, basil etc.) or freshly cut salad herbs
- 2 cloves of garlic (cut into very small pieces)
For the salad you will need…
- 6 cups of cut lettuce salad
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 sweet pepper (cut into pieces)
- 1-3 tbsp of cottage cheese
- Half a cup of cut onions
- 2 carrots (cut into pieces)
Of the dressing…
Put the salt, black pepper, mixed salad herbs, garlic, aceto balsamico into a glass and stir all the ingredients well. –
The dressing is already done.
Of the salad…
Arrange the lettuce salad on two plates.
Take a big saucepan and put it on your stove. Heat the olive oil, then add the precut onions, the sweet pepper and the carrot pieces into the saucepan and roast them until the onions turn golden brown.(Don’t forget to stir, otherwise the vegetables will burn.)
Pour the content of the saucepan over the lettuce and dribble the dressing over it. Then add the cottage cheese. Done.
Variation for the meat eaters of my readers: Roast some Parma ham together with the other vegetables and pour it over the lettuce as well.
Enjoy your meal!
* Note that you also need other nutrients besides the one’s found in salad to have a balanced diet.